AFL Fantasy have just released their prices for all Carlton Players for 2020. Who will you have in your team?
Whilst Trev will try to fit them all in and have Cas as Captain, JR will take some time to try to dig out some Carlton Fantasy gold.
- Doc the Loc or Sam Locherty, whatever you want to call him – if he is fit he will play and score. Well underpriced due to his 2 years off. Could be a set and forget for your defence.
- Samo: Given how hard last year was to get good scoring defenders into your team, he maybe worth a look – especially if he starts getting a heap of midfield time in the pre-season. Training the house down and looks a “cut above” at this stage of the year.
- Jack Martin: Same as Samo above – but as a forward dual position player. Again look for pre-season form.
- Will Setterfield: a mid priced lock – if that is your strategy.
- Liam Stocker and Tom Williamson: barely above rookie prices for your backline.
- Sam Philp. I’m a bit of a wrap for him. If he shows good pre-season form and looks likely to get a spot on the ground – well worth a rookie spot on your list.
Who to be careful of:
- Eddie Betts. Even in his halcyon days he didnt score big in Fantasy. As much as we love him and as big an impact as we think he will have on the team, nay club, this just wont translate to points. One for the romantics only.
- Sam Walsh. Will be an out and out superstar. But going into his second year, is very highly priced for a midfielder. Given the surfeit of midfielders in the competition both at top level and rookie level, its wise to leave him out unless you think he will be in the top 5-8 scorers in the comp.
- Paddy Dow. Not convinced that he will play 22 games – may be in and out of the team as we try out other players such as Liam Stocker and Sam Philp. Not only that, but turnovers mean negative scores.
|Tom De Koning||RUC||0||0||$190,000|